Packing beauty products for an overnight trip is not as simple as it seems (or as simple as my husband would like it to be). There’s a nighttime routine, a morning routine and various and sundry beauty incidentals to take into consideration. I pack so many products because I don’t want to wake up with, say, a monstrous pimple and have nothing with which to treat it. Like a true Beauty Scout, I am always prepared.
- I have been loving this Binchotan Charcoal Facial Cleansing Mask lately. It can be used as a cleanser, makeup remover and/or mask. Don’t let the dark color or thick texture fool you, it is totally gentle enough to use on eyes. Every time I use it I get a compliment on my skin, and I notice a difference in my overall skin quality as well. I like to have this purifying product on hand in case my skin is acting up/breaking out.
- I am still in search of the very best drugstore face wipe as I blow through them so quickly. These Yes To Carrots Facial Wipes are ok, though I need at least 2 to feel truly clean. This would be understandable if I wore a lot of makeup, but I wear little to no makeup, so I feel like one wipe should be sufficient!
- Love packing my many mini products from Heaven Skincare: Bee Venom Mask, Formula Bee Eyes and New Edition Cleansing Cream. They are all fantastic – truly anti-aging. I usually don’t like cream cleansers because many don’t leave my skin feeling as clean as I’d like it to feel (which is to say, squeaky). This one does, and like the Binchotan Charcoal Face Mask, it is gentle enough to use on eyes.
- These two B. Kamins products are classics in my book: Renewal Serum, is a serum in cream form, which I really like as its easy to apply and easy to layer with other products. I see a real difference in cell turnover and overall quality of skin when I use this serum. It works really well to get rid of the red spots that linger too long after a pimple goes away. I like to put it on and then apply the Bee Venom Mask on top of it. Sometimes I’ll apply an oil, too, before anything else. Kypris Beauty and Emma Hardie (coming soon to Travel Beauty) make really nice face oils. B. Kamins BB Cream evens out my skin tone and gives my skin the slightest luminescence. It’s one of the only BBs I’ve found that isn’t too orange for me…that is to say, too orange for someone as pale as I am!
Body – My Favorite!
- I’d LOVE to pack my Sasawashi Body Scrub Towel so I can use it every day, but I do allow myself some practicality-based packing transgressions. A nice, nubby washcloth is just fine to use for one shower, and then I don’t have to worry about transporting a damp Body Scrub Towel (mild-ewww). Besides, my very favorite body wash contains glycolic acid, and is therefore itself exfoliating. Glytone Body Wash is probably the most un-green beauty product I use, but it is so good that I just won’t give it up. It not only smoothes and softens my skin (even my heels!) but it also helps prevent body breakouts like nothing else – a must if the gym/sweating gives you pimples.
- Now for body moisture products! Acure Organics and/or Mio Skincare & Lavido for body. I mix these with a Heaven Skincare Cellulite & Firming Oil and apply everywhere. The Lavido lotion is awesome to apply to hands and arms throughout the day, and especially right before bed – the lavender scent is very soothing.
- Everyone needs a tongue scraper; once you start doing it, you’ll never stop. I wrote a whole blog – complete with professional opinion – about the practice of tongue scraping. Every time I get my teeth cleaned, my dentist says how clean my teeth are, and I know it’s because I scrape religiously.
And Off to Sleep
- Last but not least, here is one of my newer treats: My Binchotan Charcoal Eye Mask! The layer of charcoal in this eye mask helps increase circulation, soothe eye area and relieve optical nerve fatigue. It’s like black out shades for my eyes, and helps me fall asleep so much faster than usual…which is HUGE for an insomniac like me!
- Pack right tip: packing large bottles of shampoo and conditioner can be a headache. If you absolutely must pack a shampoo and conditioner Philip Kingsley makes convenient ready to go Jet Sets for every hair type.
- That said - I never leave home without Phylia de M. Connect and/or ReConnect hair & scalp treatment. Phylia de M. is my favorite beauty brand to launch in the past ~2 years, I wrote not one, but two blogs about why I love this brand so…the products are just phenomenal.
- Styling-wise: Arrojo Volume Foam. It’s usually the only thing I put in my hair. I never blow dry my hair (blog post all about that on the way). I just let it air dry a bit and then lightly scrunch this in. Maybe I’ll work a little May Lindstrom The Good Stuff into the ends and bangs if I want a more polished look with some piece-y texture, but it comes in a heavy glass bottle, so it’s not something I want to travel with. Instead, I use whatever leftover body cream/oil I have on my hands and work that into my ends, much to the same effect.
Think this is too much to pack for an overnight trip? Let us know what beauty products you won’t sleep out without!