Getting married this spring or summer? Believe it or not, NOW is the time to start thinking about your skin. This will likely be the most photographed and filmed day of your life, with lots of close-ups. If you’re wondering how to get that effortless, fresh-scrubbed look that will carry you through your honeymoon, I’m about to tell you: It takes effort!
Make a Plan
Since you’re working up to your wedding day, and you may have photo shoots or events leading up to the big day, in my opinion, it’s best to have a series of less aggressive treatments that require little or no downtime rather than harsh ones (like deep chemical or deep laser peels) that require significant healing time, and may cause pigment irregularities, or excessive dryness or redness during the healing period. The cost is comparable, and this type of “stacked” plan is less risky, allowing you to achieve the same, or superior results, gradually by stacking the right treatments at the appropriate intervals.
Starting your skin boot camp 3-6 months prior to your wedding also gives you plenty of time to see how your skin reacts to each treatment so that the intensity can be either ramped up or down to produce maximally effective, and perfectly predictable, results for you on your wedding day. The three basic steps are:
- Target the imperfections beneath the skin: banish brown spots and shrink capillaries with medical IPL (intense pulsed light) treatments that use special filters to erase imperfections below the surface of the skin. Adding a SkinTyte treatment at the end of each session is helpful for those prone to acne, and for shrinking pores. These sessions should be spaced about a month apart.
- Replace dry, damaged skin cells at the skin surface: Encourage cell turnover on the surface of the skin, and allow your face to make brand new, perfect, skin on its surface with a series of treatments (options include superficial laser peels, topical ViPeel treatments, or MyBody Probiotic Youthboost treatments, depending upon your skin and your particular concerns). We can discuss which of these treatments is right for you, your schedule, and your skin, during consultation. These sessions should also be about a month apart, and staggered with the IPL treatments.
- Maximize and maintain your results: Perfect skin care and eye care products between treatments are essential. Starting 3-6 months before your wedding means that you have some time to get the absolutely best product regimen in place for your skin, so that you will have predictably gorgeous skin from now until go time. And sunscreen is a MUST. ALWAYS.
On a side note, if you’re thinking about Botox or facial fillers, like Juvederm, Juvederm Voluma, or Belotero, before your big day, definitely do not wait until the last minute. I recommend these treatments between 4 and 5 weeks before the wedding.
Bridal Skin Boot Camp Regimen
Here’s a sample Bridal Skin Boot camp regimen for a May 30 Wedding for someone with absolutely no downtime for healing between treatments:
- February 21: First IPL treatment with SkinTyte
- March 14: First Probiotic Youthboost treatment
- April 4: 2nd IPL treatment with SkinTyte
- April 18: 2nd Probiotic Youthboost treatment
- May 2: Final IPL treatment with SkinTyte
- May 16: final Probiotic Youthboost treatment
- May 30: Wedding Day!
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Liotta, please visit: www.FacialPlasticsNYC.com or call 212-288-2222.