We have been raving about Philip Kingsley’s Elasticizer for months. It has not only won numerous awards, but also is the go-to hair hero for celebrities, stylists, beauty editors and The Travel Beauty Team! Elasticizer was developed in the 70s by Philip Kingsley for iconic actress Audrey Hepburn. Audrey sought Philip’s help as her hair had taken a beating due to years of on-set over-processing. Audrey’s condition prompted Philip to formulate Elasticizer, which recently celebrated its 40th birthday.
Intensive Moisturizing Hair Treatment
This pre-shampoo, intensive moisturizing treatment is magic! It delivers elasticity, bounce and shine to all hair types.
Elasticizer has been a life saver for the highlight-loving Travel Beauty Team. We wanted to share a quick how-to guide, as we have received many questions about how to apply Elasticizer at home. (Though if you can get to Philip’s Trichological Clinic in New York City or London- definitely do!)
- Lightly dampen hair with hands
- Apply Elasticizer in sections, smoothing on the top of your hair and then working it into hair in sections with your whole hand
- Fine & medium textured hair apply sparingly through mid lengths and ends – two to three times a month
- Coarse, wavy, curly or frizzy hair use more generously through entire hair length – once or twice a week
- Leave in for 10-20 minutes…or longer
- Rinse well and follow with appropriate shampoo, conditioner and scalp toner
When to Use on Processed Hair
- Fine & medium textured hair – use once a week
- Coarse, wavy, curly or frizzy hair – use twice a week
- Wait a day or two after your color or processing treatment before applying this product
Experiment with Elasticizer
Can also be used to style hair – this is something we learned through experimentation! It gives great frizz-free definition to curls & can be used to achieve a piecey ends look on an edgy bob.
Have a kid with curly-ques? A little Elasticizer makes a great leave-in conditioner and detangler.
Have YOU conducted a successful Elasticizer experiment? Do tell, please! We would love to share your tip with the Travel Beauty community.